Greetings from 2007!
After the worst House M.D. episode I’ve seen so far (“One Day, One Room”) comes the best House M.D. episode I’ve seen so far (“Half-Wit”). How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways…
1. Awesome piano scene with Dave Matthews(!) playing a savant. I really loved all the piano music in this episode.
2. Cameron’s seduction trick… need I say more? I’m sure this spawned a gazillion fanfics.
3. Chase being a big softie: “I’m sorry you’re dying. I’m gonna hug you.”
4. House copping a feel during Cuddy’s reassuring hug, of course.
5. And finally, when the whole team showed up at House’s door to tell him he’s not dying, like eager little children on Christmas morning about to be told there’s no Santa. So adorable.
Last night I had a dream that I finally FINALLY met Conan O’Brien. I got to give him a HUGE hug and tell him what a longtime fan I was, and we took photos where it started as a one-arm side-hug, and then I was like “Oh what the hell” and moved my other arm up to complete the hug circle. Sort of like this sloth clutching a tree, but less cute.
It was amazing.
And then I woke up and realized that it was just a dream - my longtime wish did not come true, and my day became a deep dark abyss of heartbreak and despair. Why must you play such cruel tricks on me, brain.
Looked up a cute comedian and found out he’s 27 - Oh he’s so young!
Realized I’m only 2 years younger with way less accomplished - OH GAWD I’M FUCKING OLD